Diageo announced the complete relaunch of the Mortlach core range. After the launch of a new core-range in 2014, the company listened to the disappointment of the brand enthusiasts and decided to make one more change. We recall the previous core-range:
- Old Rare Mortlach (£ 55 for 50cl);
- Mortlach 18 Years (£ 180 for 50cl);
- Mortlach 25 years (£ 600 for 50cl);
- Mortlach Special Strength (Travel Retail, £ 75 for 50cl).
Unfortunately, according to analysts at Diageo, this new format and price increase did not help sales, forcing the aficionados to veer towards older bottles or independent bottlers. Here is the revival of the new line, this time with 70cl bottles and with the renewal of the 16-year Mortlach, previously in the Flora & Fauna series and highly appreciated all over the world.
Below is a list of the four bottles, all 43.4% as in the early 1900s:
- Mortlach “Wee Witchie” 12 Years: European / American ex-Bourbon and ex-sherry barrels (£ 50);
- Mortlach “Distiller’s Dram” 16 Years: European / American ex-sherry barrels (£ 80);
- Mortlach “Cowie’s Blue Seal” 20 Years: American ex-sherry barrels (£ 200);
- Mortlach “Alexander’s Way” 14 years, Travel Retail.
The new bottles will be available in Europe, Asia and the United States starting from autumn 2018.