Micallef Cigars is a relatively new brand (the first lines date back to 2016) that has a good variety of cigars. The website lists thirteen lines, but the Weatherford (Texas) company is expanding. The name of the brand derives from the owner: the entrepreneur Al Micallef (longtime cigar smoker, also active in the restaurant sector).
The new line, called Micallef Grande Bold, will debut at the 86th IPCPR trade show in Las Vegas. The company highlights how, within its portfolio, there are mainly medium-bodied products; “the addition of the line will allow us to expand our offer with more full-bodied cigars”. Steven Henrickson from Micallef underlined how the new product should be available starting from July on. The entire production of the brand is entrusted to the Gómez Sanchez family, who make cigars in Nicaragua. The Grande Bold line is characterized by a blend that should provide a smoother experience with a fuller flavor.
Five different blends will be proposed in four sizes each, the price of which will range between 5.25 and 11 dollars:
- Grande Bold Mata Fina; Brazilian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler
- Grande Bold Nicaragua; Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler
- Grande Bold Sumatra; fascia Sumatra wrapper, Connecticut Broadleaf binder and filler made up of Dominican and Nicaraguan tobaccos
- Grande Bold Ligero; Sumatra wrapper, Ecuadorian binder and Dominican and Nicaragua filler
- Grande Bold Maduro; Ecuadorian Broadleaf wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler
The cigar Micallef Reserva Limitada Privada, in the portfolio, is the premium selection, whose price is 42 dollars.